Cracks & Chipping

CDeFazio
What is best solution for repairing control joint cracks and edge chipping.  New Look solid color stain in #213 caramel has been in place for 13 months.

Please advise.

Re: Cracks & Chipping

NewLook
Administrator
CDeFazio wrote
What is best solution for repairing control joint cracks and edge chipping.  New Look solid color stain in #213 caramel has been in place for 13 months.

Please advise.
Great question. If the ORIGINAL Solid concrete stain has been in place for 13 months then you can easily repair concrete that is experiencing the physical degradation you described (e.g. spalling, joint cracks, edge chipping). Typically, a cementitious patch repair is used as that can easily be re-stained with NewLook's concrete stains. Of course, any difference in texture will yield a variation in the overall finish after it's stained. We have also found that Roadward concrete mender is a popular solution for fixing control joint cracks. The feedback from the field is that our stains successfully bond to this product, as well.