As explained by Gilbert Manzano of the Southern

As explained by Gilbert Manzano of the Southern

zhangzk
Former NFL defensive end Chris McCain is only 27 Will Harris Jersey , and if he wanted to continue to play football there’s a chance he could. But he has decided to try a different sport.California News Group, McCain hopes to make it in MMA.McCain became a solid contibutor to the Chargers in 2017, racking up five sacks in 15 appearances. The Chargers applied a $1.9 million restricted free agency tender offer for 2018, but an accusation of spitting on a woman and grabbing her neck, which resulted in two counts of misdemeanor battery, prompted the Chargers to rescind the tender. (McCain denies the allegations.) He later signed with the Colts, but he was released during the 2018 preseason.McCain has decided not to return to football, because he believes football was the root of his problems.“I had hit the worst points of my life when I was playing in the NFL,” McCain said. “I just can’t [return to the NFL]. There is no point. More money http://www.detroitlionsteamonline.com/austin-bryant-jersey , more problems. No point. Less money, less problems. I’m not making nearly as much as I was making in the NFL, and I don’t hear from nearly over 80 percent of the people I met and know, which I’m thankful for. God showed me something. I’m blessed with the people still in my corner and people I talk to, but definitely showed me something.”So McCain, who also played for the Dolphins and Saints, texted former Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman, expressing an interest to try fighting.“I just got a lot of anger and frustration,�? McCain said. “I really needed to figure out what it is I can do to really help me express myself Max Scharping Jersey , and football just wasn’t enough. I’m getting tired of being fined for stuff. Fighting in the locker room. Fighting on the field. Sitting out a practice because you’re fighting in practice. Had joint practices with different teams, getting in fights on that. It was just a lot. I just think this is what I need to be doing. . . . To be in the NFL, it’s not worth the stress and depression. It’s really not.”His new sport is worth it, because he believes his new sport is helping him.“This is my therapy, me beating you up, and I can beat you up the right way,” McCain said.He makes his official MMA debut on Saturday, as he attempts to beat up Jamal Harris (0-2) as an unpaid amateur in Merriman’s second Lights Out Xtreme Fighting event.McCain hopes to eventually fight Jon Jones. McCain has a very long way to go to get to that point, but if the talent he showed as a pass rusher translates to the octagon Brian Burns Jersey , McCain could end up having an interesting second career. The NFL’s strong regular season of TV ratings continued into its opening weekend of the postseason.The league said on Monday that there was an average of 28.4 million viewers for the four wild-card round games, which is a 12 percent increase over last year.The Philadelphia Eagles game against the Chicago Bears on NBC averaged 35.89 million, making it the network’s most-watched wild-card game on record. NBC’s previous best was the Jan. 3, 1988, game between Seattle and Houston at 35.86 million. The audience for Sunday’s game peaked at 45.1 million viewers during the final nine minutes.Sunday’s first game between the Los Angeles Chargers and Baltimore Ravens on CBS averaged 25.4 million.Fox’s telecast of Saturday night’s Seattle Seahawks–Dallas Cowboys game averaged 29.5 million while the weekend’s first game between the Indianapolis Colts and Houston Texans averaged 22.8 million on ESPN and ABC.Digital streaming also increased 139 percent with an average minute audience of 496,000.